Arlula Junior Developer Role.
Arlula is a fast growing space technology startup. We let users stream satellite imagery from space and our API solution allows developers from around the world to build new types of apps that deliver real time intelligence and insights powered by our imagery. Fundamentally we are building an automated solution that is disrupting entrenched industry practices that traditionally limits who can access this unique type of data.
We are passionate about creating new commercial opportunities in a quickly evolving space industry. We work with a range of international space agencies including NASA and ESA, we also work with commercial satellite operators such as Maxar. Our customers implement our solutions across a range of industries for things such as bushfire monitoring, insurance assessment, environmental planning and journalism.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Jr Developer to assist in ongoing development of our core API, imagery processing pipeline and user facing tooling experience. Applicants should have past full stack development experience and be passionate about the burgeoning Australian space sector.
While some past experience is a requirement, on the job training will also be provided to bridge industry specific knowledge domains and skills.
This role’s initial responsibilities will centre around front end web development, in tandem with training of the necessary skills and knowledge to work on our wider platform, including our integration into other platforms, API infrastructure and processing pipeline.
Job Title: Junior developer and engineer
Job Type: Full time
Location: 608 Harris St, Ultimo, NSW, Australia. Role is open to remote candidates where appropriate.
- Provide support for, and assist in the design and implementation of business software systems, such as:
- Customer facing interfaces (such as web or application UI and behaviours),
- Imagery processing pipelines, and
- Core API infrastructure
- Perform maintenance and updates to existing systems, such as:
- Updating requirements models
- Identifying and repairing bugs
- Extending system functionality
- Assist in writing and production of product educational materials, such as:
- Technical documentation
- User manual and support documents
- Topic introduction and educational blog articles
What you get from us:
- Flexible working arrangement.
- Inclusive work environment.
- Unique opportunity to experience and help shape an emerging industry.
Skills and Experience
No formal qualifications are required, however qualifications in the following fields may be considered an advantage:
- Computer Science and Software Development,
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing,
- Aerospace Engineering.
- 1-2 years prior development experience, or an equivalent educational program.
- Experience in full stack web and/or desktop application development may be an advantage.
- HTML5 and CSS3 experience,
- Experience with statically typed languages and server side development,
- Documentation writing and blog format writing.
We can also provide further training for the right candidate.
Not required but preferred:
- GIS/remote sensing experience,
- Image processing experience,
- Go(lang) experience,
- Python experience,
- QT UI framework(s) experience.
- Enthusiastic worker with a passion for space technologies and their applications,
- Self directed and able to set goals and self direct within the bounds of a given task,
- A fast, flexible learner able to grow with an evolving role.
How to Apply:
All applications need to include the following information:
- Cover letter,
- CV or Resume,
- Portfolio of prior work.
If this role is of interest you and you think you’ll be a good fit, please email your application details to us at email@example.com