Director of Business Development
For decades, governments around the world have been using high resolution satellite imagery delivered from space to make critical decisions about our society. At Arlula we’re on a mission to democratise access to this data in order to allow organisations in every industry to benefit. We have built a platform that delivers satellite imagery to users up to 100x faster and up to 25x cheaper than industry incumbents.
About the Role:
Arlula has reached an exciting inflexion point in our company and we are seeking someone to develop and lead the growth engine of our business. As the director of business development you will work directly with the co-founders and company board to develop and deploy sales strategies to secure key clients. You will work to identify and close opportunities, build out sales and partnership teams and create a supportive culture cantered around growth.
We work with and support space agencies and aerospace companies on a daily basis, so part of your role will be to further develop and maintain key international partnerships with government and commercial vendors of satellite imagery. The ideal candidate will work with the founders to develop processes and structures to help grow the company. Ultimately, the right candidate will have the exciting opportunity to lead and grow a key part of the organisation in an emerging industry.
Why Work for Arlula:
- Inclusive work environment.
- Exciting opportunity to make an impact and shape the space technology industry.
- Flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary and company share options in the form of ESOP.
Job Title: Director of Business Development
Job Type: F/T
Location: 608 Harris St, Ultimo NSW 2007, with the potential of working remotely.
- Work with founders to develop and execute on Arlula sales strategies to achieve the business objectives.
- Consistently learning about Arlula customers and their pain points in order to refine our messaging, marketing and product.
- Converting our free tier users to high value paying customers.
- Build global enterprise and government sales streams across all territories.
- Hire and build out sales and partnership teams that you will manage.
- Setting sales targets, budgets, and tangible plans.
- Driving, developing, and managing best practices within sales, account management and marketing customer value proposition to secure growth and profitable sales
- Establishing and growing partner channels to drive the value proposition, product usage, growth, and revenue.
Skills and Experience
- University degree in business, marketing, or a related STEM discipline is preferred but not necessary.
- A background in satellite imaging, remote sensing or spatial sciences is favourable, but not necessary.
- Proven leadership background, with an outstanding track record in developing and executing growth strategies in a SaaS environment.
- Previous experience in a similar Chief Commercial Officer, General Manager Commercial Manager / Sales & Marketing, Director of Business Unit, Account Executive or Sales Director role, within a related industry.
- A strong commercial background involving marketing, business development, sales and channel management, contract negotiation, development of pricing strategies and key account management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully launch or develop products and build profitable income streams.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well with a team to solve client problems.
- Leadership and team building skills are very important.
- The ability to adapt to quickly changing environments and solve problems for clients.
- The ability to identify new opportunities and develop collaborative engagement models with customers to drive commercial outcomes.
- A team player approach that sees you work with the product & technology teams to prioritise opportunities or projects and accelerate time to market for new products.
- The ability to understand technical products and tailor messaging to non technical decision makers.
How to Apply
All applications need to include the following information:
- Cover letter,
- CV or Resume.
If this role is of interest you and you think you’ll be a good fit, please email your application details to us at email@example.com